Experience the Latest in Dental Technology at Stonewalk
At Stonewalk Family Dentistry, we stay up-to-date on the latest dental technology so our Alpharetta-area office can provide each of our patients with the most convenient and comfortable dental visit possible. Our practice is outfitted with advanced dental equipment and services, such as intraoral cameras and digital dental X-rays, that help us efficiently serve patients and allow us to deliver the personal attention each of them deserve.
If you'd like to learn more about the latest dental technology used at our state-of-the-art family dentistry, read on below! You can also feel free to call our office at (770) 766-9651 with your questions or schedule an appointment with us online!
To both diagnose and educate patients, our dentists use intraoral cameras, which are small enough to be gently maneuvered in your mouth during your dental exam. Displayed on your own personal TV, these high-tech cameras allow us to show you the details of your current oral health and any potential issues your dentist may have detected.
Dental Magnification Loupes
Dentists must work in very small spaces, and they have to be accurate to a fraction of a millimeter – fortunately, the latest dental technology can help. Our dentists use the same special prismatic magnification glasses, known as "loupes," as surgeons, which help them practice the extreme attention to detail and exacting precision needed to best serve patients during complex procedures.
At Stonewalk Family Dentistry, we are proud to say that we are a completely paperless office! Our computerized records system not only reduces waste and helps the environment, but it also allows our staff to run more efficiently and keep a more accurate track of your services.
- HD TVs for patient comfort and for viewing digital dental X-rays
- Microscopes for complex cases
- Electric hand-pieces for reduced noise
Our Alpharetta-Area Practice Uses Digital Dental X-Rays
At our Alpharetta-area office, dental X-rays are an integral part of your annual exam, and they can help our dentists detect a myriad of potential issues, such as tooth decay, deep cavities, gum disease - even dangerous cysts and tumors. Using the latest dental technology, the team at Stonewalk Family Dentistry takes digital dental X-rays, rather than traditional dental X-rays. These new, advanced X-rays have several advantages over their old-fashioned counterparts, such as:
- They're healthier – digital dental X-rays emit less radiation than conventional X-rays.
- They're comfortable – we'll use smaller, more comfortable sensors, instead of sharp pieces of X-ray film.
- They're quicker – in mere minutes, we can transmit your X-ray images directly to our computer screen.
- They're convenient – you'll see your results almost immediately, and we can email you a copy, rather than presenting you with your X-rays in a large, cumbersome envelope.
Thanks to the latest in dental technology, we can detect dental issues faster and more efficiently during your check-up. After taking your digital dental X-rays, your dentist will be able to determine if you're suffering from any potential problems, such as:
- Small areas of tooth decay, even those between teeth or below existing restorations
- Cavities deep inside the tooth, where the naked eye can't see them
- Infections in the jaw bones
- Gum disease, or gingivitis
- Abscesses or cysts, as well as some types of tumors
- Developmental abnormalities
We also use digital panoramic dental X-rays to evaluate your entire mouth instead of isolating selected areas. This full view is especially helpful in complex full-mouth restorations and in treatment planning for orthodontics.
Want to learn more about the latest dental technology at Stonewalk Family Dentistry in Milton, GA? Call our office today at schedule a dentist appointment online – we offer convenient digital dental X-rays, excellent general dentistry and more to families in the Alpharetta area!